I grew up singing this song and thought I would share it with you. If you are some idiot who unfortunately came from Nebraska, Minnesota, South Dakota or North Dakota and can't figure out how to successfully sing this song, give me a call 605.759.6806 and I will sing it to you! Just make sure your right hand is placed over your heart when you sing to get the "full" effect!! ENJOY!

The Song of Iowa
Lyrics by Samuel H.M Byers
To the music of “O Tannenbaum”
You ask what land I love the best, Iowa, ‘tis Iowa,
The fairest State of all the west, Iowa, Oh! Iowa.
From yonder Mississippi’s stream, to where Missouri’s waters gleam.
Oh! fair it is as poet’s dream, Iowa, in Iowa.
See yonder fields of tasseled corn, Iowa, in Iowa.
Where plenty fills her golden horn, Iowa, in Iowa.
See how her wondrous prairies shine,
To yonder sunset’s purpling line.
Oh! Happy land, Oh! land of mine, Iowa, Oh! Iowa.
And she has maids whose laughing eyes, Iowa, Oh! Iowa.
To him who loves were Paradise, Iowa, Oh! Iowa.
Oh! happiest fate that e’er was known.
Such eyes to shine for one alone.
To call such beauty all his won, Iowa, Oh! Iowa.
Go read the story of they past, Iowa, Oh! Iowa.
What glorious deeds, what fame though hast! Iowa, Oh! Iowa.
So long as time’s great cycle runs,
Or nations weep their fallen ones.
Thou I'll not forget they patriot sons, Iowa, Oh! Iowa.
Markus
No comments:
Post a Comment