The other morning at 3:15 a.m. I woke up and did my trip to the bathroom. When I woke up, the words, "Be Still And Know" were racing through my head. I went back to bed singing that song in my head not thinking too much about it.
Then again this morning at 3:15 a.m. I was awaken with the same words, "Be Still and Know That I am God" and if you have ever sung the song, you just keep singing that phrase again and again until it about drives you crazy or at least I thought I was going crazy!
I looked for my Bible and realized I had left it next to my side of the bed and didn't want to go back in to our bedroom after having moved to the Den so I went to the computer and typed in that phrase. Psalm 46 revealed itself! I read that the command to "be still" through translation from the Hebrew text really is talking about "being weak, to let go" or "let yourselves become weak". It went on to talk about how we are to surrender in order to know that God is in control of our lives. We give up trusting in ourselves and our own desires in order to experience the glory of God's all-sufficiency (Ex. 14:14).
WOW! While I felt I had surrendered my life to God and was really trying to listen to Him, I first needed to be weak. Well those of you who know me know that weakness isn't used a lot in my vocabulary. "For when I am weak, then YOU (God) can be strong!" Once again Lord I surrender. For when I am weak, then I am able to be in a position to listen to that which God has for me. Yesterday was a day of listening. But now I understand why I didn't hear a lot from God. Because I still hadn't surrendered ALL of me to Him. So that is my goal today and in the days ahead as God continues to draw me closer to Him and to the plans He has for me and my life!
Praise God for this time in my life! I want it no other way as I learn to surrender to Him my life! Man, does God have a lot to teach me!
Blessings on each of you!
Love,
Markus
No comments:
Post a Comment