Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Mom

Last night Evie and I went over to see Mom. I had some business to run by her, get some software on her computer and give her a card and gift for Mother's Day. My mom who is 88 1/2 is a remarkable person. She has always been a unique but very, very special Mother. Not your traditional Mom offering us cookies and milk at the front door after school. But a Mom who shared her Christian faith in the way she lived and interacted with our families and others. In all the years Mom worked outside of the home to help bring in money for expenses due to the fact our dad served a church in Jefferson, IA who didn't give him a salary increase for 5 years in a row (Wow what a generous bunch of Christians!!!!) I never heard her complain. Then she would come home and teach 35 piano students every evening after school and on Saturdays! That was to help pay for groceries at our house each week!



As I look back on it, Mom had very little time for herself. She cooked and cleaned. Her daily joy was to barricade herself in their bedroom so she could read a favorite book. Mom never was much of a TV person.



I just want to thank my Mother for giving me life as a baby and for raising me into a man of God. Mom, you are a special lady who I love very much.



I love you!



Your Son,



Markus

No comments: