I have shared a blog about Isabelle Hagey, our "Intentional Grandchild" who we get to see every couple of months as we travel through Sioux City or they come this direction.
Shortly after Christmas my brother Tim and his wife Barb gave Evie and me two GREAT sweatshirts, "GRANDPA and GRANDMA in Training!!!" What a compliment as they see Evie and me playing a significant role in the life of their grandchildren. They have told us how much they appreciate our helping Andy and Sara out with the boys and doing some "quasi" Grandparenting chores on occasion. We just love those boys and love spending time with them.
BUT I HAVE SOME REALLY GREAT NEWS! We recently got a call from Marc and Carrie and we REALLY ARE GOING TO BE GRANDPARENTS!!!! I always thought being a grandpa was something for an old man. But I now realize that it isn't just a name but a responsibility. We couldn't be more excited as we were sworn to keep it a secret for weeks! But it is now official since it went on our daughter's Facebook account. Man does news spread fast!!!!!!! We will keep you posted.

Love,
Markus

No comments:
Post a Comment