"How can we allow ourselves to be entertained by the
things that Jesus died for?"
Today in my devotions, the verse from Leviticus 20 hit me and hit me hard. And then the line, "How can we allow ourselves to be entertained by the things that Jesus died for"? I don't know about you but I seem to find myself almost daily returning to God asking that He forgive me for my returning to some previous sin in my life. And how often I seem to want or find myself being allowed to be entertained by the things that Jesus died for us all! Some of those things in my life include: evil thoughts about situations or people; lying; gossipping; sharing confidences with others; saying I will pray for someone and then never thinking anymore about it; acting like I have everything figured out as a Christian while in reality I am struggling like the rest of the world; hurting someones feelings; not standing up for Jesus when he is being ridiculed; going to the TV instead of to the Bible, etc. and the list can go on and on.
When I flip threw the TV channels (man am I good at that!) and see one murder after another and one sexual scene after another, I realize the fact that I am even flipping channels means I must like to be entertained by the things that Jesus died for us. In other words, the things of the world.
Boy to be in the world but not of the world is something I really struggle with. And just when I think I have made progress I realize I have in reality stayed in the same place or moved backwards most of the time.
So to remember that we are all sinners saved by the grace of our Lord is a good reminder. May I leave a trail behind me that pleases my Lord and not something that reminds others of why Jesus died or us.
I just needed to share my thoughts with you today!
Blessings!
Markus
No comments:
Post a Comment