Tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m. I hit the interstate for my daily drive south to Vermilion where I will be working at the University of South Dakota. I have accepted a position working in the Career Development Center located in the Burr House (don't think it is called that because it is always cold inside, but I will find out!).
I am excited about this new chapter in my life! For 9 months I have waited on the Lord to direct my path and He has. To be honest, it hasn't always been easy. Some days I have even been down right mad at God and asked Him what he was up to and if He had by chance forgotten me and my situation.
Then 9 weeks ago I was offered a job at YRC which I believe was also a gift from God. While my tasks there didn't require a masters and almost a doctorate degree, it taught me a great deal about Mark Patterson. I was obedient to God and saw Him giving me an opportunity to be a "Lighthouse" at YRC. When I said goodbye on Tuesday, many people shared thoughtful comments about how much they had appreciated my work and positive attitude and how they would miss me. It made me feel good not because of what Mark Patterson had done but what God had apparently done through me at YRC!
So now I take my "Lighthouse" and move on to USD. What God have in store for me I do not know. I received a telephone call from a colleague at the CDC and he shared how much he is looking forward to my coming a being a part of the staff at the Center. That made me feel welcomed and included. I will have to remember that in the future when I might be welcoming new staff people!
My wife asked me at dinner tonight if I was nervous about starting at USD. I know the world tells me I should be but I am not nervous because I know God has called me to USD for this time and season and I thank God for that. And so I face tomorrow with great anticipation that God will use me in ways I can't even begin to imagine. Would I have felt that way 9 months ago? No way. Then I realize just how much I have grown in the Lord during this time and I know there was a reason for this season! So I have found out that lighthouses are able to be moved!
Blessings!
Mark "Markus "
P.S. I have a beautiful picture of a lighthouse in my office downstairs at home that eventually I plan to take with me to work as a reminder of why I have been sent to USD by God!
No comments:
Post a Comment