Sunday, November 29, 2009

I AM THANKFUL!

Not just because it was Thanksgiving this past week, but I am thankful. Not just because I think life is being good to me at this time in my life, but because I know that God has greatly blessed both Evie and me.

Then today in the sermon at church, our pastor encouraged us to keep a daily log between now and Christmas on thankfulness. And to write down three things each day we are thankful for. Much of it is keeping a positive attitude about life and to realize how blessed we are. Like the adage of how we look at a 1/2 glass of water. Is it 1/2 full or 1/2 empty?

So for this month, I am going to use my blog to list the things I am thankful for each day. I hope to share these with my family at Christmastime. Perhaps you might want to do that same. That is your choice. I will update and add 3 things I am thankful for each day.

Sunday, November 29, 2009:
1). Evie P.
2). Carrie A.
3). Marc A.



Monday, November 30, 2009:
1). My mother EA Patterson for giving me birth!
2). The Godly example of my mother and father
3). Today! It was a beautiful fall day!


Tuesday, December 1, 2009:
1). For my job at USD!
2). For Tom Toms! They are GREAT in the fog!
3).
For my siblings!


Wednesday, December 2, 2009:
1). A Good Cup of Coffee
2). Heat
3). Friends



Thursday, December 3, 2009:
1). In-Laws
2). Co-Workers
3). USD



Friday, December 4, 2009:
1). My Relatioinship with God
2). Prayer
3). My Bible



Saturday, December 5, 2009:
1). Sleeping in late (rare opportunity)
2). Great Small Group From church
3). 1st Baptist (Great group of mature Christians)



Sunday, December 6, 2009:
1). Christian friends
2). Indoor Bathrooms
3).
Swiss Steak


Monday, December 7, 2009:
1). Furnaces in the Winter
2). Hot Cup of Tea at Night
3). Computers


Tuesday, December 8, 2009:
1). Reliable vehicles
2). A tremendous wife!
3). Friends From All Over the Nation


Wednesday, December 9, 2009:
1). Warm Houses
2). Answered Prayer
3).
Financial Resources (we are blessed by God!)


Thursday, December 10, 2009:
1). Homemade Pizza as only Evie can make!
2). Electricity
3). Forks


Friday, December 11, 2009:
1). Snowblowers
2). Ladders (Especially for short people!)
3). Clean water


Saturday, December 12, 2009:
1). Homemade bread
2). Christian mentors
3). The healing power of hugs!


Sunday, December 13, 2009:
1). Vanilla Flavored Creamer
2). Steak
3).
Babies


Monday, December 14, 2009:
1). Babies
2). Chex Mix (Just made some tonight!)
3).
Automotive Services (our mechanic!)


Tuesday, December 15, 2009:
1). Nightly devotions with Evie
2). God's "Mini" Vacations!
3).
Prayer Partners


Wednesday, December 16, 2009:
1). Answered Prayers
2). Snow
3).
Christian Radio


Thursday, December 17, 2009:
1). Sleep
2). Glasses
3). Artistic Daughter


Friday, December 18, 2009:
1). Intentional Relatives
2). Tape
3).
Mufflers on Cars!


Saturday, December 19, 2009:
1). Nice steak onthe grill
2). Kindergarten teachers!
3). Stamps


Sunday, December 20, 2009:
1). Great times visiting with my Mother
2). Soda
3). Chinese Food


Monday, December 21, 2009:
1). Times of relaxation
2). Snow (Don't have to mow our lawns for a change!)
3).
Grass (We can mow again and not be shoveling snow!)


Tuesday, December 22, 2009:
1). Financial Resources (How God Provides in All times)
2). Garbage People
3). Doctors and Nurses


Wednesday, December 23, 2009:
1). Celebrations with Family
2). Neighbors
3). Servers in Restaurants


Thursday, December 24, 2009:
1). Christmas Eve Services (My favorite of the Year)
2). God's Plan Coming to Us as Jesus
3). Faith


Friday, December 25, 2009:
1). Christ and His Birth
2). Done with the Materialist Aspects of Christmas
3). Being in Waco with the Kids!


As You Can See. I have a lot to be thankful for!
Markus

No comments: