Some good news came to my 25 year old daughter, Carrie, this week! She got her first "professional" job as a Public Relations Officer for the Methodist Children's Home in Waco, TX. Carrie recently earned her master's degree from Baylor University and has been in the job search process since last February when she started applying for positions in higher education. While I hate to see her not working with college students like I have for the past 20+ years, I am also thrilled for her to be working outside of education and especially for a non-profit institution like I do. She is receiving an excellent salary which will be a big help to she and her husband, Marc (with a C). One of the first things she told her mother and me was, "We are now getting cable!" Funny, when you are a poor graduate family like Marc and Carrie, it doesn't take much to be happy! When asked about moving to a nicer apartment or getting a washer or dryer, Carrie looked at me and said, "Oh no Dad. We like our apartment and don't need a washer and dryer right now. But we DO need cable!!!!!" I am still laughing!!!
I am REALLY proud of this young woman who has yet to disappoint me in her 25 years of life! She has her mother's good looks, my warped humor, a real caring attitude towards ministry and helping other people. The Methodist Children's Home Society of Waco is one lucky employer to be getting Carrie. And they know it! Evie and I look forward to the many more accomplishments we will witness being made by our wonderful daughter. As Pearl says (see earlier blog), "Life Just Don't Get No Better!"
No comments:
Post a Comment