Yes, you read it correctly. Today I went up to the "Joint'! I even took Evie with me but they sent us both home. Said we weren't "Joint" material!!! OK, seriously while many probably think I belong in the "Joint" I was referring to the "Joint Clinic"! It is a clinic held for people planning to have a joint (no not a cigarette either!) replacement! In my case, it will be a right knee.
I was am like my sister, brother and father and many of my aunts and uncles who were blessed with "lousy" joints! My twin brother (hard to imagine two good looking guys out running around this world, right?!) had his left knee replaced several years ago. I am having my right knee replaced. One of my close friends suggested that perhaps my twin brother and I could now equal one good person!! Gee thanks!
It is scheduled for the morning of June 24th. Am I scared? A lot less after attending the session this morning. It was a very helpful workshop. Sounds like a piece of cake (hope it has frosting on it!) with a ton of P.T. before and afterwards!!! But coach Evie is ready with stopwatch and rule book and she will help get me through this ordeal!
I am blessed to have my very best friend as my spouse. Just this morning I was whining about how much of a bother I was going to be this summer to her and her response was, "Hey, remember the month I was in bed with one of our pregnancies? You were always there for me. Then I went to the clinic this morning and heard that I might be out of work 6-8 weeks and about croaked. Then decided many women take 8 weeks for maternity leave so I am going to compare this time away from work as a similar experience. OK, before all of my wonderful female friends make a post about my comparing a knee operation to giving birth to a child, I knew that was the wrong road to travel. But hey I am a guy and have nothing else to compare it to. Consider the source OK.
I would covet your prayers as I grow closer to my Lord and Savior during this time. As I prepare through pre-operative activities, may I grow closer to God and then through the rehabilitative time afterwards.
I know one thing, the Lord has much to teach me this summer. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment