Monday, March 29, 2010

Traveling Can Be So Hard at Times!

We go through life seeking meaning and purpose. We surrender to our Lord and Savior but yet do we really surrender? Because what often happens is we allow ourselves to be placed or we simple place ourselves on a selected path. We get so caught up in the frenzy and rush of our lives we don't always always stop to see where that path is leading. All along we pray for God's wisdom and power and guidance in our lives. We feel the Holy Spirit in most things, feel pretty good about life and then one day, just one day as we are traveling on our path we look over and there is God. He is on a different path and we wonder how we might have missed the corner or got on a different path from God's.

As we look back on the path we have traveled for some time, we see some successes but a lot of doors that we shut or even slammed on us.; As we finally look up, we see God's path and realize we feel foolish because we realize we have traveled a path that has led us to nowhere. And in some cases a dead end.

But God sees us in our turmoil and how lost we are and calls us to join him once again on His path. We once again start a new adventure and journey with our Lord and feel closer to him than we ever have before. For being on god's path one can never get lost. Yes we might have moments when we stop and look around and are tempted to find a new path. But then we see God down the path calling us to come further. We respond with, "But God, I can't do this!" And God responds with, "My son Mark, I don't expect you to do it alone! In fact, have I once ever asked you do it by yourself? All I asked was for you to trust and lean on me. So m7y son, isn't it about time you leaned again? Remember 6 moths ago when you were leaning? I then blessed you with a new ministry at USD and you have allowed me to use this time there to bless the lives of others. You have also been blessed. But now the doors at USD and in fact most of the mark Patterson plans are shutting down. Do you know why?"

"No God, why?" I ask.

It is because once again you have established YOUR plans and not mine. You have lost your focus. Instead of being focused on the BIG picture, you are focused on the here and now. I know my path looks tough and long and rugged. But Mark, I know what is around the curves and over the hills and in the valleys."

"So do you trust me my son Mark?" God asks.

"Yes Lord!" I respond.

"Then come mark, let's travel together for I know the plans I have for you, " declared the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11

Markus

No comments: