
My carpool partner and I have been discussing whether or not she has fog lights on her vehicle or not. So yesterday before I left the carpool we checked and sure enough she has fog lights on her car!!! Man was she happy! Her comment was, "Oh my goodness, that is what that button is for!" Now she isn't stupid or anything. In fact, she is pretty smart! But apparently she is like me, she either never got a manual for her car or bothered to read it!
I mentioned this discovery to Evie and her response was, "I bet you made her happy!" I have reflected on that and thought, "Wow, I helped someone find their fog lights!" I just added value to her vehicle!" In fact, I just brought value to her life! She can now face driving among deer and fog and all that stuff that South Dakota winters tend to bring in our lives.
As I woke up this morning thinking about fog lights, I reflected on how we as God's people are in the fog most of the time. God provides fog lights in our lives. It is different for all of us. For some, it might be scripture, others prayer, others a poem or a song or for some it might be words of encouragement from a friend or family member.
God has called us to be "fog lights" for the world. Not that we will never experience fog or challenging roads, but we will have help during those challenging times. So are you a "fog light" in some one's life? Do you make a difference in this world? So many times while we have fog lights, we either forget to turn them on or maybe don't even know they are available.
All of us have fog lights. We just need to use them! Something to think about!
Markus
As I woke up this morning thinking about fog lights, I reflected on how we as God's people are in the fog most of the time. God provides fog lights in our lives. It is different for all of us. For some, it might be scripture, others prayer, others a poem or a song or for some it might be words of encouragement from a friend or family member.
God has called us to be "fog lights" for the world. Not that we will never experience fog or challenging roads, but we will have help during those challenging times. So are you a "fog light" in some one's life? Do you make a difference in this world? So many times while we have fog lights, we either forget to turn them on or maybe don't even know they are available.
All of us have fog lights. We just need to use them! Something to think about!
Markus
No comments:
Post a Comment