Thursday, May 14, 2009

WAITING

These days, I have experienced what the word "wait" means. And it has taken on a new meaning in my life. I have never been a real great "waiter" (no I never waited on tables either!!). But patience isn't my middle name to say the least.

The past several months, I have had to work on "waiting" and it isn't all that it is cut out to be, to be honest! But as I shared with a friend, my leaving USF in March wasn't anything I had done nor was it my decision. Leaving USF and my ministry of 27 years wasn't something I had planned. It was planned for me.

So I know that God is in all of this. I have total peace of mind and know that God has a plan for me and my life. Every time I get anxious, I go to prayer and the scriptures and read things like, "Those that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength..." and "Wait patiently for me says the Lord..." etc.

Kind of hard to plan my future as I am used to doing when I don't know from one day to the next what is before me. But living this way isn't bad. Instead of living for Mark, I feel I am living for God and it's a good feeling!

I heard a speaker last night say, "In order to know what God's will is for a person's life, one needs to listen!" I've had a lot of time to think, to pray, to read the scriptures and to be by myself. I have learned a great deal about Mark Patterson and things are good. I have moved on from my past and "Forgetting what is behind me, I move on toward the prize..."

Waiting for that prize. When? Where? What? They are all questions I have and God has the answers! And so I wait...

Markus

No comments: