Since we returned from seeing our kids in Texas at Christmas time, Evie hasn't been able to find a set of keys (we seem to have problems with keys if you recall the earlier post about the key in the garage post I had written about a number of months ago!).
We have looked high and low (mainly low because after all, we are short people!), It wasn't just because these were a normal set of keys, they were a special set. For they had one of the remote controls for one of our cars on the ring of keys. That meant that Evie and I were constantly exchanging keys to our cars because we only had one remote to one of our cars (oh my how terrible our life was the past 5 months!!!).
Yesterday morning as I was getting ready for my activities for the day, I decided to wear a pair of tennis shoes I hadn't worn for a number of months! Well, you are ahead of me in this story by now. Yes, guess where I found the set of keys as I grabbed this special pair of shoes out of my closet? THERE WERE THE LOST KEYS!!!!!!
I have always thought we were pretty good housekeepers (especially the past several months!). I showed Evie what I had found. Since December, she had figured that set of keys had probably been thrown away in the garbage or given away with some clothes to Goodwill!
This morning as I was praying, I thought about all of the keys God has given us and we have either lost or not used. Or we put them in the soles of our shoes and forget about them. So I asked God to help remind me of keys he has given me and to give me opportnities once again to use those keys. Should be an exciting time ahead!
Blessings!
Markus
No comments:
Post a Comment