Friday, March 13, 2009

Oh What Peace!

Have you experienced peace lately? I have. Recently I left a job and active ministry I loved. I didn't think I was done with what God had in mind for me. But I found out that wasn't the case. Interesting thing is I have not missed that job one bit! Sure I have missed students and staff but I have moved on in my life and man I feel good!

People ask me all the time how I am doing and I honestly tell them, "I am doing GREAT!" In fact, I haven't felt this good for a long time! I have been able to, as Beth Moore described in her book, "Get Out of That Pit"! That's right! I have realized what a pit I was in and didn't even know it. Night after night, day after day I would come home and complain about politics at work and poor administrative decisions. While I felt very good about the students and alumni I served each day, I didn't like the direction the place I worked was taking. It seemed to be walking away from a strong Christian heritage and mission and was focusing so much on athletics and winning. I have realized that I had sold out to an institution whose mission has changed and no longer one I can support. I also found that part of me while being in a pit was not being true to myself.

Last night during devotions, Evie mentioned how I had been freed up by leaving USF and moving on. It has made my giving forgiveness to certain people very easy (a God thing believe me!). I am experiencing inner peace like I haven't had in years. It reminds me of the words of Francis Bacon, "It is a sad fate when a man dies too well known to everybody else and still unknown to himself."

I am working on my business, Careers by Design (or as I call it, God's Design) and also networking and looking for other possibilities wondering what exactly God has in mind. For the first time in my life I don't really care! I am at so much peace about where I am with God. Spending time in the Word and praying each day has caused me to grow tremendously in my own faith. I am seeing God transform me as I have experienced God's grace once again like never before.

So my advice to each of you is look around and consider if you are in a pit in your life. Get out or if you can't get out, ask God to help you get out and He will. He will move you on to heights you have never, ever experienced before and will direct your path!

Where is my path headed? Like I tell my close friends and family, "I don't know what my future holds, but I know who holds the future!" Boy for sure! And it is WAY COOL!

Peace to you all!

Markus

No comments: