You might have heard of the old hymn, "Learning To Lean" It talks about how we need to learn to lean on Jesus. And boy, God has REALLY been showing me that the past couple of weeks. As I look towards my next career, many options are before me. All of my friends and family keep telling me, "Mark, you are a man of many talents, God has something there for you!" And I agree with their thinking.
But what I struggle with part of the time is knowing what it is God has for me and where and when it will happen. Because I am a VERY impatient person. I want something and I want it NOW! But I have learned that God works differently than I do. That is where I am having to "learn to lean" on Jesus.
Evie and I both feel God in this move in my life. I have forgiven specific individuals at USF who made this decision and so God's grace is flowing through me and I look to my future. We are both at GREAT peace about my future. As I told someone yesterday, "I don't what my future holds, but I certainly know who holds my future!" And that is the truth. We both feel a tremendous peace in all this. How can that be you might ask?
Well, one thing God taught me shortly after my position was eliminated. First of all several key administrators were shocked that the school would eliminate my position and they both commented that they couldn't believe it because they had seen the list of staff names (about 20 total) that were let go from USF. They commented that they had seen the list and my name wasn't on it. I knew without a doubt that perhaps my name wasn't on THE LIST, but God had placed my name on the list! Yes, God I believe wanted me to be freed from that place so that I could be used in a new a different way.
I learned that one doesn't have to be at the bottom of their ministry for God to call us to move on to something else. The key for me is to listen to God. I woke up around 12:30 a.m. this morning and happened to listen to someone on TV who said, "When one wants to know God's will, one must read the Bible and pray!" So this afternoon, after meeting with an employer this morning, I opened my Bible and prayed. I have kept the TV and radio and CD player off so the house is quiet. I am praying and listening. Someone this morning on a radio show while driving to a job interview said, "Turn off the noises in your life or you won't be able to listen to what God has to tell you." Just a little too much of the same message for me to ignore the fact, that I have better listen.
God has some exciting things ahead for me. I plan to listen as I move into my future. Blessings on you all!
Markus
No comments:
Post a Comment