Thursday, July 24, 2008

WELL IT IS BACK TO WORK TIME!!!

Today my life changed. After one month and 2 days following major knee surgery, I went back to work at USF. I decided to start back on a part-time basis in case I needed to ice my knee or needed to rest. Because I won't be released to drive on my own until August (6 weeks), I am at the mercy of my wonderful wife Evie who has the great job of driving me around everywhere. I have noticed I tell her how to drive like I was the driving instructor or something and am having constantly having to apologize for telling her when to turn and how to park the car!!!

So Evie dropped me off after lunch today and I felt like I was starting my first day of Kindergarten! I wondered if I would be ready to go back or not. I visited with the staff and then faced my locked office with a high pile of mail and phone messages.

What I found was it was really good being back to work. I missed the great people I work with and helping students on a daily basis. I even walked over to the main administration building (something I have tried to avoid for 6 months) and it was a good feeling. I actually wasn't ready to leave work when I did later in the afternoon. I realized that I have worked as a professional since 1973 and so it is like wearing shoes, it just seems like a natural thing to do. Tomorrow I go back in the afternoon and tackle more projects.

I have appreciated the wonderful support, love and enouragement I have received from my best friend and wife, Evie. She is absolutely the most wonderful nurse I could ask to have. I also thank all of you my dear friends for your cards, your e-mails, your visits and most importantly your prayers. My doctor and friends who have had this surgery have all told me how quickly I have recovered and I know it is because of God's healing power in my life. That brings tears to my eyes as I think about God and how he has helped me through this ordeal. I am now looking forward to a renewed life and opportunity for new ways of serving people through the gift of this new knee. Thanks all!

Marko

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm proud of you! :)Love you!