Sunday, January 2, 2011

3 Score Has Arrived!

We remember hearing the Lincoln Gettysburg Address of "4 score and 7 years ago...". Well the 35 score arrived at my house yesterday. I turned 60 years old yesterday (January 1st). I never really desired that the day I turned 60 years of age would actually take place but it is kind of like a blizzard in South Dakota in the deep of winter, there ain't anything one can do about it!!!


So it arrived and to be honest it wasn't bad at all. In fact I actually feel better than when I was just 59 and waiting the past year for the "day" to come! My daughter and her husband and little granddaughter moved from Texas on Dec. 20th and I was able to help them get moved into their home in Huron, SD (about 2 hours away from us!). Then Carrie, Marc and Vera came back to Sioux Falls and spent until yesterday with us. It was so special including spending time with almost 3 month old Vera!

Yesterday I reflected with my family as we shared a delicious Chinese lunch together, that I am a VERY blessed man. I have a good paying job, get to work with wonderful college students at a tremendous institution, am married to the most wonderful person I know, have a wonderful daughter and son-in-law and now a beautiful first granddaughter! Life just doesn't get any better. I don't have a need to prove anything to me, my friends or family or the world! While my job is important to me, it isn't as important as I once made it when I was younger and looking to climb the career ladder. I can now focus on enjoying life and ministering to others in ways I never thought.

Thanks for the role all of you play in helping me get to this 3 score in my life. It is because of myt relationship with my Lord and people like you that my life has meaning and purpose.

Blessings!

Marko

No comments: