Evie reminded me that as of yesterday it had been a year since I left USF. That which had come as a shock and disappointment has created new character in me as a person of God, husband, father and employee.
So I started thinking about what I had learned this year. Here are a few of the things I have learned this past year: (Items are not listed in order of significance!)
1). Jobs DON'T define us. We are still people who put our pants on and live each day like we did before.
2). People disappoint us, but don't define us!
3). Jobs come and go but family and friends hopefully don't!
4). When going through a life changing experience, one discovers who their REAL friends are!
5). God doesn't always cause things to happen. But God certainly uses events to strengthen and build us into new creations. (Thanks Carrie for the great advice!)
6). God don't make no junk!
7). I have the most awesome wife in the world!
8). I have grown as a Christian even though I still struggle with my daily walk with Him.
9). Evie and I have grown spiritually together this year. We have had devotions and prayer every night since February 13, 2009 and enjoy that time together!
10). I started reading my Bible again and have almost read through the entire book. Wow! That Old Testament is something else!!!!!
11). God provides physically and financially. We are so blessed!
12). God provides employment (Thanks YRC and USD!).
13). We can only take one day at a time. Worrying doesn't help anyone.
14). Prayer is the most important thing we do each day!
15). All that God wants of us is to worship him each day!
16). God has a plan for our lives and it might not always match up with our plans!
17). I have the best daughter and son-in law in the world! Love you guys!
18). My Christian brothers and sisters are awesome!
19). I don't know what my future holds, but I know who holds my future!
20). God has some special things for me in my future!
21). As a Christian one has no choice about forgiving. It is important in the process of moving on and not becoming a sour and bitter person!
22). God gives us unbelievable opportunities to minister through pain and hurt to others.
23). It isn't about me, it is about God!
24). Have I mentioned my absolutely wonderful wife! Oh yes, but hey, I'll do it again!
25). My brothers are two of my best friends in the entire world!
If your name wasn't mentioned I am sorry! You noticed I didn't mention any person from my days at USF? That's because God has done a wonderful thing allowing me to move on from a place I cared about and was involved in active ministry. But God has moved me into new ministries and opportunities and has blessed me.
God bless you all as we try to figure out this thing called, LIFE!
Markus
No comments:
Post a Comment