Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'M DREAMING OF A GREEN SPRINGTIME!

Wow! Whoever stated that we should plan on a mild winter in South Dakota for 2009-2010! As I used to say when I was younger, "Liar, liar pants on fire!!!!" Well so far we have had over 25" 25' of snow this season and it is only early January! The most recent 6 inches added on to the 18" we got during Christmas is making it a challenging driving through intersections and getting excited about getting up each morning and looking out to see what the verdict was for snow fall the night before!


I shared in my last blog how nice it was that someone (unknown to me) would clean the 18" out of our driveway while Evie and me were visiting our kids in Texas. The other day after dealing with 6" of snowfall in our driveway and between 3-4 feet of snow at the end of our driveway (gift from the city of Sioux Falls!) a neighbor from across the street showed up and started chopping away on the mountain at the end of our driveway while I operated our snow blower and Evie helped by shoveling!


Anyway, Evie found out that this gentleman as well another neighbor were the parties responsible for cleaning our driveway. So she later baked cookies and took them to these two neighbors to thank them for their thoughtfulness. It is nice living in a part of the country where neighbors care and look out for one another! I wouldn't trade 25" of snow and good friends and neighbors for 70 degree weather this time of the year!


I thought I would share some pictures of our most recent snow with you. Other than the fact it is a lot of snow, I actually told Evie today that it was one of the most beautiful snows I could remember!











Markus!

No comments: