Evie and I just returned from Waco after visiting our daughter and son-in-law. My brother Tim states that everyone should follow the fish method when visiting relatives. It goes like this, "After 3 days, fish stink. Same is true with relatives that come to visit!" So Evie and I were trying hard not to over do our welcome with our kids!
We just love being with Carrie and Marc (with a C). I don't think I have laughed as much as I did this time playing games like Imaginiff and Train Dominoes (I am now hooked on that game)! We had good food, shared Christmas day with one of their friends and just spent quality time visiting, laughing, sharing, resting, shopping, and just hanging out with one another! In other words, since we don't get to see Carrie and Marc that often, we wanted to bask in relative time with one another. Oh yes, we also got another chance to hear Marc preach in a small Baptist church outside of Waco while we were there. Man, he is a GREAT preacher!!!
Our trip this time reminded me more than ever that it isn't about how much time one spends with close relatives but the quality of that time. While we only get to see Marc and Carrie about 3-4 times a year, they are quality times. We certainly look forward to when they return to the Midwest (that is their plan) once Marc finishes seminary which is less than a year from now!!!!!!
Thanks Marc and Carrie for your Midwest hospitality turned Texas style (that is the best hospitality in the world I have discovered!) and for wanting to hang out with us. We even got to spend a few minutes with our Sioux City kids, the Hageys on our way home. Belle, you are indeed a charmer. How do you move around on one leg and a knee turned under? Cute or what!
After 16 hours of travel yesterday while we missed our kids, our bed did feel pretty good last night. As Dorothy says, "There's no place like home Auntie Em!"
Love to ya all!
Markus
No comments:
Post a Comment