Tonight I mentioned to Evie that today was Hallmark's designated "Grandparents Day" Well, I think it is one of the best days of the year because we get to celebrate being grandparents. I wasn't a grandparent a year ago so this is my first even! Man I feel old. Think I had better get my walker out so I can go to bed.
I thought I would share my top ten reasons to be a Grandparent:
1) I get to move my adult child relationship to another level!
2). I get to remember how to change diapers (especially when asked to change the REALLY dirty ones!).
3). I get to sing stupid kid songs like the "Frog Song" and "Alice Where are you Going?" and "Let's go Bowling at the Bowling Green" just to name a few.
4).; I get to remember how much I loved being a dad and still do!
5). I get to see my wife act almost as nuts about our granddaughter as I do.
6). I have a new friend, Vera Elizabeth Anderson
7). I have met a new person (Vera) who thinks I am a pretty neat guy.
8). I forget all about my job, my responsibilities and my life in general when I spend time with Vera. She reminds me what is really important in life.
9). I actually get to see Vera often now that they have moved back into the Midwest region.
10). I get to do things that are just special to me and my granddaughter like feed her a frozen pop stick, or giving her my last bite of pizza because I love her so much!
Oh, had better head to bed to dream about the next time I get to spend quality time with my new little friend, Vera!
Love you Carrie and Marc and now Vera! Thanks for making me look good as a grandfather. This is kind of a new gig for me as I learn how to do it right!
Grandpa Markus
P.S. Sorry I haven't added to my blog but I discovered Face book this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment