
Evie and Me With Vera!!!!!
In reviewing my blog the other night I realized I never reported that I became a grandfather for the first time on Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2010. Carrie and Marc Anderson gave birth to a beautiful little girl by the name of Vera Elizabeth. Evie flew down and spent a little over a week helping the kids and I flew down in the middle of the next week and we both came back that weekend!
My oh my! What a beautiful little angel God has given us! We knew we were blessed when God loaned us Carrie and then when we gained Marc through marriage. But to have Vera come and join our family has been such a blessing! I never knew how quickly one could fall in love with a grand-daughter! I enjoyed one day just holding Vera and singing and talking with her for over an hour. And I kind of think she likes me as well!!!
I mentioned singing, yes of course I taught her the "Frog" song and she picked up on it right away. Vera is so smart she even got her tongue in motion or at least I thought she did! Marc and Carrie had told me that they waited until I arrived so I could be the first person to teach her the "Frog" song! Most of you who know me well know the "Frog" song is one of my trademarks and if you are a close family or friend, you know that song. The other night I even played the cheap harmonica my son-in-law gave me the "Frog" song!!! Carrie didn't think Vera was too impressed with my playing!
So get ready! You can expect many funny and interesting stories about my journey with Vera! I just know she and I will become good friends! She already is trying to talk like Carrie did when she was that age and I love talking with Vera on the phone and asking her about her day.
Do I sound ridiculous! You bet! I have looked forward to this day when I would move into a new role in the family! I just pray that God will give me the wisdom and knowledge so that I might help Carrie and Marc as she watch this little girl grow and develop. Evie and I have prayed since we knew Carrie and Marc were expecting that Vera would come to know the Lord as she grows and matures! I will keep you posted!!
Grandpa Markus
My oh my! What a beautiful little angel God has given us! We knew we were blessed when God loaned us Carrie and then when we gained Marc through marriage. But to have Vera come and join our family has been such a blessing! I never knew how quickly one could fall in love with a grand-daughter! I enjoyed one day just holding Vera and singing and talking with her for over an hour. And I kind of think she likes me as well!!!
I mentioned singing, yes of course I taught her the "Frog" song and she picked up on it right away. Vera is so smart she even got her tongue in motion or at least I thought she did! Marc and Carrie had told me that they waited until I arrived so I could be the first person to teach her the "Frog" song! Most of you who know me well know the "Frog" song is one of my trademarks and if you are a close family or friend, you know that song. The other night I even played the cheap harmonica my son-in-law gave me the "Frog" song!!! Carrie didn't think Vera was too impressed with my playing!
So get ready! You can expect many funny and interesting stories about my journey with Vera! I just know she and I will become good friends! She already is trying to talk like Carrie did when she was that age and I love talking with Vera on the phone and asking her about her day.
Do I sound ridiculous! You bet! I have looked forward to this day when I would move into a new role in the family! I just pray that God will give me the wisdom and knowledge so that I might help Carrie and Marc as she watch this little girl grow and develop. Evie and I have prayed since we knew Carrie and Marc were expecting that Vera would come to know the Lord as she grows and matures! I will keep you posted!!
Grandpa Markus
No comments:
Post a Comment