A week ago I got a call from my twin brother, Tim. Tim is a great guy. Unique and special and a great brother and friend! He wanted to come up to Sioux Falls and see me and wanted to know if there were any projects we could work on. I mentioned that I had been waiting for a nice warm day when I could stain the back and front decks on the house. He responded with, "I'll see you tomorrow then!" One thing about Tim, when he decides to do something he does it. It might drive some people crazy but that is just who Tim is. He ALWAYS has a long list of things he has to do on his house or car or at church.
He had called me earlier this summer and wanted to know if I would like to ride down with him to Florida sometime in September. Their church had ordered a new church sign and if he went down to Florida and picked it up he would save the church a ton of money on delivery charges. We had decided I would go along on this journey and then he called last week and said that another person from their church was going to go along with him to Florida. He said he was not real happy because he had looked forward to our going together. That meant a lot to me that he enjoys spending time with me.
So Tim got here Monday night and Tuesday morning we were moving deck furniture and prepping the deck for the stain. By noon we were done with the first coat. So we headed to the Falls (that is what Sioux Falls is named after in case you don't know). We sat and watched the water and just talked. It was a great time together. We never seem to not find things to talk about and often it is about our spiritual journeys in life.
Evie had asked if Tim and I would mind coming out to her school Wednesday afternoon and helping her class with a big computer project. It was fun watching Tim in action. He just finished 30+ years as an elementary teacher and principal and he definitely knows and likes kids. And they liked him a ton as well!
He had to leave on Thursday to get back home but we talked several times during the day. He thanked me for helping keep him awake on the 7 1/2 hr. journey. I have always thought it would be nice to have my brother and his wife Barb live closer to us but I think we might take advantage of each other. This way when were are together we really appreciate and enjoy it!
So here are some pictures of our deck that Evie and I finished the 2nd coat on Saturday morning. Thanks Tim for being such a great brother and friend and for always being there for me. You are a GREAT brother!
He had called me earlier this summer and wanted to know if I would like to ride down with him to Florida sometime in September. Their church had ordered a new church sign and if he went down to Florida and picked it up he would save the church a ton of money on delivery charges. We had decided I would go along on this journey and then he called last week and said that another person from their church was going to go along with him to Florida. He said he was not real happy because he had looked forward to our going together. That meant a lot to me that he enjoys spending time with me.
So Tim got here Monday night and Tuesday morning we were moving deck furniture and prepping the deck for the stain. By noon we were done with the first coat. So we headed to the Falls (that is what Sioux Falls is named after in case you don't know). We sat and watched the water and just talked. It was a great time together. We never seem to not find things to talk about and often it is about our spiritual journeys in life.
Evie had asked if Tim and I would mind coming out to her school Wednesday afternoon and helping her class with a big computer project. It was fun watching Tim in action. He just finished 30+ years as an elementary teacher and principal and he definitely knows and likes kids. And they liked him a ton as well!
He had to leave on Thursday to get back home but we talked several times during the day. He thanked me for helping keep him awake on the 7 1/2 hr. journey. I have always thought it would be nice to have my brother and his wife Barb live closer to us but I think we might take advantage of each other. This way when were are together we really appreciate and enjoy it!
So here are some pictures of our deck that Evie and I finished the 2nd coat on Saturday morning. Thanks Tim for being such a great brother and friend and for always being there for me. You are a GREAT brother!
Before!
Finished!
Markus


No comments:
Post a Comment